The Australian Labradoodle Association of America (ALAA) represents breeders in the United States, Canada and Europe.
The ALAA attempts to focus on nurturing the development of the Labradoodle and Australian Labradoodle, with efforts to promote uniform standards and integrity in breeding.
The goals of the ALAA, according to their charter, are:
- To protect the future of the Labradoodle and Australian Labradoodle
- To provide a forum where breeders and owners can collaborate to promote and protect the future of the breeds
- To sustain and improve dog health
- To provide public information about breeding stock
- To promote integrity among breeders
- To educate breeders and owners
- To help prospective owners make informed purchasing decisions
- To develop and monitor breed standards
- To lobby for international acceptance of the Labradoodle and Australian Labradoodle, and to uphold breed standards with respect to conformation, temperament, color and coat type
The ALAA has been a changing force for the betterment of Australian Labradoodles and has aimed at providing structure to the breed. They’ve had a large influence with ALD owners and have helped them to find breeders such as us here at NorthStar Labradoodles. We are looking forward to them learning to work together with WALA in the future with a new board working towards strength where they will earn my further respect and gratitude.