Fill out an application to reserve a puppy today!
- Your NorthStar Labradoodle has been registered with WALA (Worldwide Australian Labradoodle Association)
- Your NorthStar Labradoodle has been registered with the ALAA (Australian Labradoodle Association of America).
- Your NorthStar Labradoodle has an option of being desexed by a recommended modified spay or neuter procedure and the buyer will be given this certificate upon transfer.
- Your NorthStar Labradoodle is in excellent health to NorthStar Labradoodles’ knowledge at the time of transfer to their NorthStar Labradoodle Family. The Two Year Genetic Health Warranty guarantees that we have tested everything from the eyes to the hips (of the NSL parent dog(s) and approved test results of introduced parent dog) and that your dog is not prone to inherit a genetic disease.
Research and Testing
We provide thorough genetic testing to ensure the quality of our dogs and ease prospective owners’ worries.
Prior to breeding we test for:
- Congenital Cardiac Disease (OFA Exam)
- Patellar Luxation (OFA Exam)
- Hip Dysplasia (OFA or PennHIP)
- Elbow Dysplasia (OFA)
- Joint Formation (OFA)
- A Multitude of Congenital and Naturally Occurring Eye Diseases (OFA CAER)
- DNA tests for Centronuclear Myopathy, Cystinuria, Degenerative Myelopathy, Exercise-Induced Collapse, Familial Nephropathy, Glycogen Storage Disease VII, Myotubular Myopathy 1, Narcolepsy, Neonatal Encephalopathy with Seizures, Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA), Progressive Rod-Cone Degeneration, and Von Willebrand Disease (associated with some of our foundation breeds)
- Since 2017, we also do DNA tests for 150 other diseases and coat available for all dog breeds – if there is a test available we do it! Whether it is associated with our breed or not.
- Full Array of Thyroid Diseases
These tests are approved and certified with the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) and Paw Print Genetics and reviewed by both the WALA and ALAA for testing excellence. Some of these tests are conducted every 18 months to verify the continued soundness of our NorthStar Labradoodles. We are VERY proud of the testing and results of the dogs within our international program. Please feel comfortable in asking for a copy of these results.
This high level of genetic testing is supported by our Two Year Health Warranty, which protects us as breeders and you as a pet owner. We cannot guarantee everything in your pet’s future since specific diets and environments certainly play factors in a dog’s health. We provide the framework for a long and healthy life and encourage you to provide the environmental factors to support those efforts. If certain life events occur that leave you unable to care for your dog, we reserve the right to place the dog into a loving home that can.
A full refund may be requested within five days of purchase if the dog is diagnosed with a serious genetic health issue. We intend to always do the Right Thing and stand by our program and dogs. We will make all reasonable efforts to amend any situation within the boundaries of the contract.
What is included with a NorthStar Labradoodle?
- A Multigeneration Australian Labradoodle – a NorthStar Labradoodle Puppy! This is what everyone is seeking when they are looking for an Australian Labradoodle!! Our puppies and dogs are the very best on the inside and out – we work really hard to keep it that way!
- A Microchipped NorthStar Labradoodle Puppy with Documentation
- We are the only WALA or ALAA ALD Breeders able to offer this potentially life extending surgery if you desire it for your NSL Puppy at an additional cost – If you choose this option of a modified spay/neuter which means Fallopian Tubal Ligations for Girls and Vasectomies for Boys, we will coordinate this surgery between you and our veterinary surgeon. This allows your NSL Puppy to grow up with the health benefits of their sex organs without worrying about unwanted pregnancies if you wish to do this prior to Puppy heading home.
- Vaccination, Deworming and Health Record
- Two Year Health Warranty
- Puppy Assessment to insure the Right Puppy for the Right Family at the Right Time!
- Early Socialization, Sensitivity Training, Bedtime Crate Trained, Early Potty Training and Early Verbal Command Training for your NSL Puppy – YES! They will know how to use a Puppy Door to go outside, sit, come and sleep in their special crate!
- Litter Registration with the WALA and ALAA
- WALA Registration Papers and Pedigree once desexing procedure is complete
- ALAA Registration Papers and Pet Transfer Codes after desexing procedure is complete
- Minimum 4th generation Multigeneration Australian Labradoodle ALAA Pedigree
- Keepsake Snuggle Puppy slept on here at NorthStar Labradoodles
- Our Lifetime Support
- A Lifetime of NorthStar Puppy Love!